Phil "The Grill" Johnson
Award Winning Chef,
TV Personality … and more!
Pitmaster and Owner of Trapp Haus BBQ in Phoenix, AZ and multiple food truck concepts coming soon
Competition Cook in National and World Circuits in BBQ and Steak
- 3rd Place in the Steak category at the 2021 World Food Championships
- Multiple top 10 Award Winner in the Steak Cookoff Association competitions
- American Royal 2nd Place Invitational Pork and other awards in Brisket, Turkey & Beans
- KCBS Sam’s Club Grand Championship and Multiple top Ten Calls
- Team Of the Year in Ribs AZ
Rub Developer — His own seasoning, Rub Me All Over Smoky Sweet Heat Rub, was named 19 th overall according to the American Royal World Series of Barbecue’s “2020 Best Rub on the Planet” contest, the largest BBQ rub contest in the world with entries received from 38 states and seven countries. The rub also ranked 16th in the nation in the contest’s Mild Rub category.
- Rub Me All Over Smoky Sweet Heat Rub is now available in Ace Hardware stores and other national outlets and sold internationally in countries including Sweden and Australia
Award-Winning Cook — Trapp Haus BBQ is repeatedly listed among Phoenix’s favorite BBQ restaurants and was named Best Wings in Phoenix in 2020. Food Network named Trapp Haus BBQ one of the best Restaurant to visit in Phoenix.
Entrepreneur — In 2022 Johnson is launching a manufacturing business that custom builds food trucks and offers a mentorship program to educate new food truck owners on how to make their business successful.
TV Personality — Johnson has appeared on multiple local Phoenix media outlets, national outlets including the TODAY show (five times so far) as well as national and international competition cooking shows:
- Named “Firemaster Champion” by competing on Food Network Canada’s Fire Masters
- Appeared on Food Network’s BBQ Brawl — Flay vs. Symon, during which he was a contestant on Flay’s team
- Click here for more: www.philthegrill.com/phoenix-phil-the-grill-videos
For more: www.philthegrill.com